The Little Sahara Recreation Area will move to Phase II on Thursday, May 21, to align with Governor Gary R. Herbert’s Utah Leads Together 2.0 Plan Low Risk Phase and the Central Utah Public Health Department’s new public health order.
Click here to keep up to date on changes to facilities and services in Utah in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The BLM Utah State Office is closed until further notice. We will post updates on our social media and website as they are available.
Utah State Office
The BLM manages nearly 22.9 million acres of public lands in Utah, representing about 42 percent of the state. Located mostly in western and southeastern Utah, these lands are varied, ranging from rolling uplands to sprawling desert lowlands. Utah’s public lands feature some of the most spectacular scenery in the world, from the snow-capped peaks of remote mountain ranges to colorful red-rock canyons.
The BLM’s first national monument is also located on public lands in Utah. Situated in beautiful red-rock country, the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument encompasses approximately1 million acres in the south-central part of the state. The area offers a unique combination of archaeological, historical, paleontological, geological, and biological resources.
BLM Utah manages public lands for a variety of uses. These lands not only provide minerals, energy, and livestock forage, but also natural, historical and cultural resources that the agency is charged with protecting. In addition, Utah’s public lands offer incomparable opportunities to experience solitude and enjoy outdoor recreation.
Utah Specific Program Areas
The following is a list of BLM-Utah specific program areas. For general program area information, please click on the BLM National Program areas tab at the top of the page.
- Utah NEPA and Planning
- Utah Energy and Minerals including: Oil and Gas , Oil and Gas Lease Sales, Oil and Gas Agreement Maps, Coal , Mining and Minerals, Geothermal and Reclamation
- Utah National Conservation Lands and Wild and Scenic Rivers
- Utah Recreation and Visitor Services including: Hunting, Fishing and Recreational Shooting, Travel and Transportation, Recreational Activities, Lotteries and Permit Systems, Byways, Special Recreation Permits and Post Use Reporting
- Utah Wild Horse and Burros including: Herd Management Areas, and Gathers and Removals
- Utah Lands and Realty
- Utah Fire and Aviation
- Utah Cultural Heritage including: Paleontology and Archaeology
- Utah Natural Resources including: Water Program, Soil Program, Air Program, Native Plants Program, Threatened and Endangered Species, Wildlife, Fisheries and Aquatics, Wetlands and Riparian
- Utah Forest Products including: Utah Christmas Tree Permits
- Utah GIS and Data Management
- Utah Interpretive Centers: Cleveland Lloyd Interpretive Center, John Jarvie Historic Ranch, Little Sahara Recreation Area, GSENM Interpretive Center
Moab, UT 84532
Cedar City, UT 84721
Vernal, UT 84078
Kanab, UT 84741
West Valley, UT 84119
Salt Lake City, UT 84101