Donations via Recreation.gov
The Bureau of Land Management'’'s (BLM) Division of National Conservation Lands and Community Partnerships (HQ400) has worked with the Recreation One-Stop Reservation Services' (RIS) Program to develop the framework that allows visitors to make donations to specific BLM recreation area sites or facilities. This process goes through Recreation.gov, consistent with Manual Section 1105: Donations, Solicitations, and Fundraising. The following reservable recreation areas on Recreation.gov are piloting this initiative. BLM will add more offices after we monitor the success of these five pilot areas.
- Aravaipa Canyon Wilderness
- Coyote Buttes North (The Wave), Vermilon Cliffs National Monument
- Ken's Lake Campground (Moab)
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area Scenic Drive Timed Entry
- Yakima River Canyon Campgrounds
Visitors will have the option to donate during the reservation process by adding a donation amount to their cart while they are checking out. By making a donation to the Bureau of Land Management through Recreation.gov you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- Three percent of your donation will be used to cover a transaction fee for Recreation.gov's online services.
- One-time donations are limited to a maximum of $50. If your desired one-time donation amount exceeds $50, please contact the Bureau of Land Management office of your choice.
- Donations and associated fees are not refundable.
- Your donation will only be used to benefit the programs and projects that support the BLM's recreation area or facility you are donating to.
- Please do not provide a donation if one or more of these situations apply to you:
- You are party to a contract, grant, or cooperative agreement with the BLM or are seeking to do business with the BLM;
- You have a financial interest that may be substantially affected by performance or non-performance of the BLM; and/or
- You represent an organization involved in the direct production of alcohol, tobacco, or firearms.