Cove at CJ Strike Reservoir
Cove Recreation Site, on C.J. Strike Reservoir, is BLM's only improved public camping facility within the Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area (NCA). This site is first come first serve. Facilities at this fee area include potable water, picnic shelters, fire rings, picnic tables, fishing docks, an RV dump station and a small boat ramp.
Drinking water is generally available during summer months. Cove is a fee campground: Day Use - $5.00; Camping $15.00/night. A seasonal camp host is often on site during summer months to assist users with information.
Fishing is the main attraction at Cove either from shore or from a boat. The water level stays constant, providing good opportunities throughout the year. Trout, smallmouth and largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie, yellow perch, channel catfish, bullhead, and sturgeon can all be found in the waters of CJ Strike Reservoir.
- Fees must be paid within one hour of arrival to the recreation site or campground.
- Fees for overnight camping will permit two vehicles per numbered campsite. Additional vehicles will be charged an extra fee per day.
- Camping is permitted at developed (numbered) sites only.
- Motorized vehicles must remain on constructed roadways, must park at designated sites only, and may not obstruct traffic flow.
- Cross-country vehicle travel is not allowed.
- Vehicles and camping gear may not be left unattended in the recreation site for longer than 24 hours.
- Quiet hours are established from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. No loud talking, loud music, barking dogs, operation of generators, or other disturbing activities are permitted in the campground during these hours.
- Campfires are permitted in developed fire grills only.
- No firewood may be cut or broken from standing live or dead vegetation.
- Maximum length of stay in the campground is 14 consecutive days.
- Pets must be kept on a leash within the recreation site, and camping and day use areas must be kept free of pet waste.
- Firearms, bows and arrows, other weapons, air rifles, paintball equipment, and pistols may not be discharged in the campground or day-use areas.
- The use of fireworks is prohibited within Cove Recreation Site.
- Drivers must obey the posted speed limits within the Cove Recreation Site.
Cove is located just north of State Highway 78, approximately 8 miles northwest of Bruneau and about 9 miles southeast from Grand View, Idaho.
Day use: $5 per vehicle.
Camping: $15 per campsite/night.
14 day maximum stay limit.