Click here for information regarding the status of BLM Idaho offices, recreation facilities, and services in response to COVID-19.
Idaho Public Room
Welcome to the BLM Idaho Public Room! Front desk staff is available at every District and/or Field Office during normal business hours. Staff is available to answer questions about BLM programs, file mining claims, assist with research and interpretation of BLM records, sell maps and passes, and provide recreation brochures to help you plan your next trip.
If you’re unable to visit our offices, you can request information (ie. records, maps, publications, documents, etc.) via phone at 208-373-3889 or 1-888-246-7523 (toll-free) or send your request via mail with check or money order (payable to the Department of Interior-BLM). Please be sure to indicate the type of map, scale and quad name when ordering.
We offer the following information and records in our public rooms:
- Access to active mining claim or lands (i.e. ROW, easements)
- Assistance on filing Mining Claim Documents in Idaho
- Copies of land patents with or without certification
- Land status or mining claim serial register pages
- Land status records (master title plats, historical indices and control document indices
- Survey notes/plats
Available for Sale:
- Forest Products
- Surface Management Maps
- Firewood Permits (May 15 - Nov 30)
- Christmas Tree Permits (Monday before Thanksgiving - Dec 24)
- Federal Interagency Passes (Senior, Annual, Access, Permanently Disabled, Military)
Through the searchable public room list below, find and download our frequently requested documents.