Georeferenced PDF Maps
Heading out for a remote adventure? No cell coverage? No problem. The BLM has developed georeferenced maps compatible with any georeferenced map mobile application.
Find instructions and available downloadable maps by state, through the lists below.
- How to download and use
These PDF maps are designed for use on your GPS-enabled mobile device and can be displayed on any PDF reader. When viewed in an installed mobile map application, each map is designed so that your location can be displayed on screen in real time. Your location will be a colored dot on the map.
Georeferenced map applications allow you to navigate using your mobile device’s GPS even without cellular reception. There are a variety of georeferenced PDF apps available for Apple and Android devices. Consult the mobile apps instructions for complete information on how to use. The BLM has currently uploaded several georeferenced maps to the AVENZA application store.
These maps can also be printed or viewed without using a mobile application.
- Download the map onto your device prior to being in an area that may not have data coverage. (Message and data rates may apply.)
- Ensure Location Services is enabled for the mobile map application being used on your mobile device.
- In areas with no cellular reception, phone battery life significantly decreases. Utilizing airplane mode or putting your device in airplane mode will greatly improve battery life and will not interfere with GPS tracking.
- Like all GPS technology, the accuracy of your device will be compromised by close proximity to tall cliff walls and slot canyons.
- If using AVENZA: File sizes for maps obtained from the AVENZA app store are typically much larger than the PDFs listed below. They recommend users connect to a WiFi network when downloading.