Due to COVID-19, BLM is temporarily restricting in-person public access to visitor centers and public rooms in some of our Alaska offices. LEARN MORE>
Alaska Public Room
Walk-in services unique to the BLM Alaska Public Information Centers
When you visit the BLM Alaska Public Rooms, you avail yourself of the assistance of a knowledgeable and friendly staff who can help you find what you need or point you in the right direction. You can obtain posters (Iditarod and other special events), Master Title Plats (MTPs) and Mining information (including Application Fee Waiver Forms). You will also have access to the following for viewing and/or copying:
- Case Files associated with Native allotment applications, State of Alaska selection applications, Regional and Village corporation selection applications, Mining claim applications and more
- Maps such as Alaska 5 Meridians with Townships & Ranges, Iditarod Trail, Mining Claims, General Land Status (for sale), Denali Park & Preserve, National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, and much more!
- Informational Books and Reference Material including Audit of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, Code of Federal Regulations, Oil and Gas Leases in Seward Peninsula, Public Land Laws of Alaska, Townsite Tract Books
- Conveyance Documents such as Interim Conveyances (ICs), Patents, Native Allotment Certificates
- Survey Information including plats (Rectangular Net Surveys, U.S. Surveys, State Tideland and Townsite Surveys) as well as survey field notes
- Aperture Cards containing copies of old patents, certificates, and surveys not available on line
- Executive Orders (EO), Public Land Orders (PLO) bound in numbered volumes to facilitate your search
Through the searchable public room list below, find and download our frequently requested documents.