Eastern States State Office
BLM Eastern States manages over 40,000 surface acres and 39 million subsurface acres of public land for multiple use in the 31 states east of and bordering the Mississippi River. They include the historic Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Outstanding Natural Area in southern Florida and famous snow-white beaches of the northern coast of the Gulf of Mexico. We manage mountain biking trails on the Meadowood Special Recreation Management Area in northern Virginia, which include wooden features that are unique in the mid-Atlantic states; the historic Chiles home site on Douglas Point, Maryland, situated near the Captain John Smith National Historic Water Trail that follows the Maryland side of the Chesapeake Bay; and numerous islands in the lakes and rivers of Wisconsin and Minnesota for recreation and wildlife habitat.
Eastern States Specific Programs
The following is a list of BLM Eastern States specific program areas. For general program area information, please click on the BLM National Program areas tab at the top of the page.
- Eastern States NEPA and Planning
- Eastern States Energy and Minerals including: Oil and Gas, Oil and Gas Lease Sales, Coal, and Mining and Minerals
- Eastern States National Conservation Lands
- Eastern States Recreation Activities
- Eastern States Wild Horses including: Online Corral and Ewing Off-range Corral
- Eastern States Lands and Realty
- Jackson Interagency Hotshot Crew
- Eastern States Natural Resources including: Wildlife and Fisheries and Aquatics
Milwaukee, WI 53202-4617
Flowood, MS 39232
Falls Church, VA 22041
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services.