Our BLM publications include documents produced by the BLM's precursors, the General Land Office and the U.S. Grazing Service. For more information on the General Land Office and the history of the BLM, please visit the BLM history page.
Most BLM publications are held at the BLM Library in print form but many also are available online. Online access generally dates back to the 1990s.
- Please contact the BLM Library at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance locating publications.
- To purchase hard copies of select publications, please email the BLM's Printed Materials Distribution Services (PMDS) at email@example.com. BLM employees may visit the internal PMDS website for more information about acquiring printed materials.
- More publications can be found in the National/State Public Rooms.
Selected BLM Publications
- BLM Cultural Resource Series (organized by State)
- BLM Resource Notes
- BLM Select State Publications
- BLM Technical Notes
- BLM Technical References
- NEPA and Planning Documents: Current Planning and NEPA projects can mostly be found on the BLM ePlanning page; select planning/NEPA documents are available on our digitized library site. For assistance locating a specific document, contact the BLM Library.
- My Public Lands (BLM magazine launched 2014)
- Our Public Lands (BLM magazine published 1951-1971)
- Public Land Orders (Compiled by the BLM lands and realty program.)
- Public Land Statistics (available via the BLM Library Digital Collection on Internet Archive) or the Public Land Statistics Page (available via the BLM website)
- Resource Evaluation Newsletter (includes Resource Inventory Notes).
Please contact the BLM Library if you are looking for a publication that is not currently linked on this page.