The BLM Library offers many different types of resources, including print and electronic. Access to subscription resources, such as journals and databases, and certain internal directives is limited to BLM employees. If you are a BLM employee or contractor and cannot access a link from the BLM Library's website, please contact us.
Databases, Journals, Catalog, Digitized Collection
- Databases aggregate information resources (journal, magazine, and newspaper articles, encyclopedia entries, etc.) and usually focus on a subject area. In general, one may search a database by subject, author, title, publication, year of publication, etc. The BLM offers several databases.
- The BLM Library holds hundreds of peer-reviewed, scientific journals. Most are available online. In cases where a journal is not available online, contact the BLM Library at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will obtain articles in a different manner, usually by scanning a print copy or placing interlibrary loan requests. Our journals are presented alphabetically by title.
- Search our online catalog for books, journals, and electronic resources. We also provide links to other library catalogs that might be of interest.
- The BLM Library manages a large-scale digitization project of BLM-produced documents of both print and electronic materials held in the library's collection. Those digitized publications are publicly available online and are fully searchable.
Subject Guides, Tips, Agency Publications
- We have assembled subject guides to provide starting points for research on particular subject areas or initiatives. We constantly are improving our subject guides and building new ones; please send suggestions to email@example.com.
- Don't forget to read our search tips to make your searches more effective and efficient.
- Links to frequently requested publications, series, and directives may be found on our publications page and our policy resources page.
- The BLM Library staff is available to assist with your research. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.