Oregon-Washington Resource Advisory Councils
Welcome to the BLM Oregon-Washington Resource Advisory Council home page. RACs are citizen-based groups that provide advice on the management of public lands and resources. Each RAC consists of 12 to 15 members from diverse interests in local communities, including ranchers, environmental groups, tribes, state and local government officials, academics, and other public land users.
RACs typically meet two to four times per year. Members are selected for their ability to provide informed, objective advice on a broad array of public lands issues and their commitment to collaboration in seeking solutions to those issues.
Members are appointed to three-year terms and may be reappointed to consecutive terms. Council members must be residents of Oregon or Washington, depending on the RAC. Members serve without salary but are reimbursed travel expenses.
For questions related to specific advisory councils and their activities, please contact the appropriate RAC coordinator listed below. For general membership questions related to advisory councils, please contact Michael Campbell at email@example.com.
Local Councils and Committees
Visit the webpages for district advisory councils and temporary committees through the links below.
Western Oregon RAC
- RAC Coordinator: Kyle Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Eastern Oregon RACs
- RAC Coordinator: Larisa Bogardus (email@example.com)
- RAC Coordinator: Lisa McNee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Council Coordinator: Tara Thissell (email@example.com)
- RAC Coordinator: Jeff Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Committee Coordinator: Marcia DeChadenedes (email@example.com)