New Mexico State Office
BLM employees in New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas care for 13.5 million acres of public lands plus 42 million acres of Federal oil, natural gas, and minerals for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations. In managing these lands and mineral resources, the BLM is guided by the principles of multiple use and sustained yield and a recognized need to protect and enhance the natural and human environment.
New Mexico Specific Programs
The following is a list of BLM-New Mexico specific program areas. For general program area information, please click on the BLM National Program areas tab at the top of the page.
- New Mexico Public Room
- New Mexico NEPA and Planning
- New Mexico Energy and Minerals including: Oil and Gas , Oil and Gas Lease Sales, Coal , Helium and Mining and Minerals
- New Mexico National Conservation Lands
- New Mexico Recreation and Visitor Services including: Hunting and Recreation Maps, Recreational Activities, and Lotteries and Permit Systems
- New Mexico Wild Horses including: Herd Management Areas and Pauls Valley Off-Range Corral
- New Mexico Lands and Realty
- New Mexico Fire and Aviation
- New Mexico Cultural Heritage including: Paleontology and Archaeology
- New Mexico Natural Resources including: Native Plants Program, Threatened and Endangered Species, Wildlife, and Fisheries and Aquatics
- New Mexico Forest Products and firewood permits
- New Mexico GIS and Data Management including: Frequently Requested Maps
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Amarillo, TX 79101-3545
Farmington, NM 87402
Las Cruces, NM 88005-3371
Norman, OK 73072
Roswell, NM 88201-2019
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services.