Color Country District Travel Advisories
Baker Reservoir Harmful Algae Bloom
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A warning advisory has been issued for the Baker Dam Reservoir due to the recently detected harmful algal bloom. Given the potential risks associated with harmful algal blooms, we urge all individuals to exercise caution and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Refrain from engaging in swimming or water-based activities within the reservoir.
- If boating, maintain distance from areas displaying visible signs of algae accumulation.
- Prevent domestic animals from accessing the water's perimeter.
- Abstain from the consumption of reservoir water.
- When engaging in fishing, ensure thorough cleaning of fish and proper disposal of entrails.
It is imperative to acknowledge that the algal presence may yield toxins that pose health hazards to both human and animal populations. For a comprehensive understanding of the situation and updates, we encourage you to refer to the official website of the Utah Department of Environmental Quality.
None at this time.
- National Weather Service
- Know Before You Go!
- National Weather Service Flood Safety Tips and Resources