When fire season goes into effect, some activities in the great outdoors are prone to start fires. In an effort to prevent these fires from starting, various federal, state, and local government agencies can impose fire restrictions. The Oregon Department of Forestry and the Washington Department of Natural Resources impose restrictions pertaining to public and work related activities in their respective states. Additionally, counties may impose bans on private lands within their county jurisdictions.
Information on closures and restrictions for the Bureau of Land Management Oregon and Washington are listed below. Contact the local district office for site specific restrictions or additional information.
- Rescinded: Slater Fire Closure Notice - 01/05/21
Northwest Oregon District
- BLM refines closures in Northwestern Oregon - 09/30/20
Other Useful Links for Fire Information
- Forest Service Fire Closures
- Northwest Coordination Center Pacific Northwest Fire Map
- Northwest Coordination Center Predictive Services Fire Outlooks for the Pacific Northwest
- Oregon Department of Forestry Fire Info
- USDA Forest Service Region 6 Fire Info
- Washington State Department of Natural Resources Fire Info
- Wildfires in Your Area