Wenatchee Field Office 915 N. Walla Walla Ave Wenatchee, WA 98801
From Highway 97 at Tonasket, Washington, take the Loomis-Oroville Highway west through Loomis. Approximately 4 miles west of Loomis, turn left into BLM's Split Rock recreation site.
The Split Rock Day-Use Area is located on the only public sandy beach on Palmer Lake, in northern Okanogan County. Although Palmer Lake is the second largest lake in Okanogan County, public access to it is limited. As a result, this small, day-use site is very popular for picnicking, swimming, beach activities, and fishing. A concrete boat ramp offers access for boaters interested in fishing for small mouth bass, crappie, rainbow trout, and burbot, as well as for water skiing and other boating. Passing visitors also frequently stop for wildlife viewing.
Know Before You Go:
- Open Season Split Rock Recreation Site is open YEAR ROUND.
- Universal Access Restrooms available.
- No Drinking Water available.
- Pack Out All Trash.
- Please keep pets on a leash and dispose all pet wastes in trash receptacles.
- Cell Phone Coverage may be limited.