Nevada Recreational Shooting
Nevada public lands offer many opportunities for target shooting and hunting. Target shooting can be a fun activity if done safely, and is generally allowed on BLM-managed public lands.
Public lands are multiple-use and other people and livestock may be present, so please follow these guidelines:
- You must be at least 1,000 feet from roads and houses.
- Never shoot from or over any road or highway.
- Always use a safe backdrop.
- Glass targets are prohibited.
- Carry in your targets and carry out all litter, brass and shell casings.