Saddleback Mountain Recreational Shooting Site
Saddleback Mountain is a minimally developed recreational target shooting site.
The focused activity at this site is long-range rifle shooting. No pistols, shotguns, or other types of firearms are permitted.
Targets are fixed steel targets that are not reachable by the public. You may not bring your own targets to the site.
The area includes these amenities:
- fixed, 24-inch steel targets with developed backstops
- 200-, 300-, 400-, 500- and 700-yard shooting lanes
- gravel shooting platform
- gravel parking area
- accessible parking space
- information signs
- trash receptacles
Jan. 28-April 21: Open 7 am to 6 pm
April 22-Aug. 26: Open 7 am to 7 pm
Aug. 27-Oct. 7: Open 7 am to 6 pm
Oct. 8-Jan. 27: Open 7 am to 5 pm
The site will be closed Wednesdays for maintenance and cleaning.
Total maximum site occupancy at Saddleback Mountain is 25 people.
Emergencies: Call 911
- You may only use a site during designated operating hours as posted at each site, listed on the BLM’s website, and consistent with State law.
- You may not enter a site for any purpose other than activities associated with recreational shooting.
- Do not enter the hazardous exclusion area.
- Inside the designated recreation area, you may only discharge a firearm from a designated firing platform towards an authorized target with a developed or designated backstop. Hunting within the recreation area and outside the facility area is permitted under State regulations where consistent with Federal regulations.
- Never discharge a firearm or any other projectile device when someone is beyond the firing line.
- Do not exceed the maximum occupancy posted at each site.
- Keep off all buildings and structures, whether they are occupied or unoccupied.
- Do not engage in disorderly conduct.
- Do not leave any personal property unattended.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult while in a site.
- You may not use, possess, consume, or be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances as defined by State law, Federal law, or both.
- Do not shoot at wildlife, livestock, or vegetation.
- Clean up after yourself and your pets.
The site has fixed steel targets installed. You may not use your own targets at the site.
Rifles are restricted to ammunition that is .50 caliber or less. Steel core, armor-piercing, incendiary, and tracer ammunition and paintball equipment is prohibited.
Saddleback Mountain Recreational Shooting Sports Site is north of Phoenix in Maricopa County, about 0.8 miles south of State Route 74.
- From Phoenix, drive north on Interstate 17.
- Take exit 223A to State Route 74 (Carefree Highway).
- Turn left (west) and follow SR-74 for about 12 miles.
- The entrance to the site is on the south side of the road.