Kremmling Seasonal Closures (Click HERE for Interactive Map)
December 15 - April 15
In the Wolford Mountain area in Grand County, which includes public lands between Highway 40 and Grand County Road 2 (Back Troublesome Road), motorized travel is limited to over-the-snow tracked vehicles on BLM administered lands along roads 224, 25, 26 and 2 when there is a minimum of 12 inches of snow. All other travel routes and areas on BLM lands on Wolford Mountain will be closed to all motorized use. Non-motorized travel typically will be permitted throughout the area during winter travel restrictions. Changing conditions may cause the restrictions to be modified in the Wolford area, so check for restriction updates.
The North Sand Hills Special Management Recreation Area in Jackson County is closed to motorized and mechanized vehicles, including snowmobiles, during this timeframe.
December 15 - May 31
Wolford Mountain Single-Track
December 15 - June 1
December 15 - July 31
Muddy Creek Trail north of the Muddy Creek fishing access bridge
Additionally, motorized travel is restricted on the following routes to over-the-snow tracked vehicles when there is a minimum of 12 inches of snow unless otherwise noted. The roads may be gated until there is sufficient snow.
December 15 - April 15:
• Inspiration Point Flats Road - north of Trough Road (County Road 1)
December 15 - June 1:
• Black Mountain Road - from County Road 2
• Sulphur Gulch Road - access from US Hwy 40
• Smith Mesa Road - north Parshall Divide Road between Hot Sulphur Springs and Parshall
• Kinney Creek Road - East of Hot Sulphur Springs and 2.2 miles north of US Hwy 40 (see below about possible logging operations). Please stage on BLM lands and do not block private driveways
• Hogback Road - from Hwy. 125
• Strawberry Road - beyond the Fraser River Canyon Trail parking area. Closed to all motorized vehicles, including snowmobiles and other tracked vehicles.
• Hurd Peak Road - from intersection of Strawberry Road. Closed to all motorized vehicles including, snowmobiles and other tracked vehicles.
To report violations or for further information regarding the Wolford Mountain area travel restrictions, please visit the Kremmling Field Office, 2103 E. Park Ave., or call 970-724-3000.
Click Here for Jackson County Closure Map
Click Here for Grand and Summit County Closure Map
Click Here for Wolford Mountain Area Winter Recreation Map