San Rafael Swell Recreation Area Advisory Council
The Bureau of Land Management will hold an in-person and virtual public meeting of the San Rafael Swell Recreation Area Advisory Council on August 31, 2023, at the Castle Valley Special Service District Building from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. MT with public comments accepted at 12:00 p.m. To register for the virtual public meeting, please visit: https://bit.ly/SRSRAACmeeting.
The San Rafael Swell Recreation Area (Recreation Area) Advisory Council (Council) was outlined in the John Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act which became law on March 12, 2019. The Recreation Area Advisory Council will advise the BLM on the preparation and implementation of the management plan for the San Rafael Swell Recreation Area.
Recreation Area Council members include:
- A representative of the Emery County Commission;
- A representative of motorized recreational users;
- A representative of non-motorized recreational users;
- A representative of grazing allotment permittees within the Recreation Area or wilderness areas designated;
- A representative of conservation organizations;
- A representative with expertise in the historical uses of the Recreation Area; and
- An elected leader of a federally recognized tribe that has significant cultural or historic connections to, and expertise in, the landscape, archeological sites, or cultural sites within the County.
The designated federal official is the BLM's Green River District Manager Lance Porter.