There are lots of ways to get involved in native plant conservation and restoration.
Learn and Volunteer
If native plant conservation is new to you, a good place to begin your journey is your state's Native Plant Society. These organizations are an excellent source of information on native plants in your region. Native plant societies often offer educational events, plant sales, gardening tips, and more.
To volunteer with BLM, check out the Volunteer Opportunities page to find events and opportunities near you.
Garden with Native Plants
There are many online resources that can help you select appropriate species for your area. Here are some places to start:
- Audubon Native Plants Database
- Xerces Society Pollinator-Friendly Native Plant Lists
- Calflora Planting Guide
- Native Plant Materials Directory
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Guide to Native Plant Gardening
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Native Plant Lists
- National Wildlife Federation Native Plant Finder