Adelina "Nina" Otero Warren
Hello and welcome to the Record of the Week! In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, this week's record features a land patent issued to Nina Otero-Warren! Aside from her trailblazing work as a suffragist and becoming the first Hispanic woman to run for Congress, Otero-Warren was recently depicted on the U.S. quarter by the United States Mint as part of their American Women Quarters series! Click here to check out this week's Record and learn more about Nina Otero Warren!
The GLO website provides live access to Federal land conveyance records for the Public Land States, including image access to more than 12 million federal land title records issued between 1788 and the present.
The site also hosts images of survey plats and field notes, land status records, and control document index records, and is one of the most visited websites in the Department of the Interior. Visit glorecords.blm.gov for more information.
Nina Otero-Warren's Land Patent
Most Recent Stories
- Heritage Heroes preserve record of the Age of Mammals from 50 million years ago
- From young BLM volunteer to master trail builder: Local comes home to build bike trail
- BLM Arizona opens first developed recreational shooting sites
- BLM Trails Center’s Student Docent Program creates the next generation of educators
- Heritage Heroes: Volunteers donate hundreds of hours to preserve Wyoming’s cultural heritage