Moses E. Levy
Hello and welcome to the Record of the Week! This week, the team travels to Micanopy, Florida, the first town instituted in the new Florida territory and cofounded by Moses E. Levy. Levy helped to reintroduce sugar cane as a viable crop in Florida and established the first Jewish communal settlement in the United States. Click here to check out this week's Record and learn more about Moses E. Levy!
The GLO website provides live access to Federal land conveyance records for the Public Land States, including image access to more than 12 million federal land title records issued between 1788 and the present.
The site also hosts images of survey plats and field notes, land status records, and control document index records, and is one of the most visited websites in the Department of the Interior. Visit glorecords.blm.gov for more information.
Moses E. Levy Patent, 1844
Most Recent Stories
- Earth Connections Camp: Connecting cultures and bridging worlds through nature
- All in a day's walk: Sage-grouse in summer
- Federal and Tribal leaders formalize agreement for cooperative management of Bears Ears National Monument
- A year in the life of an Idaho sage-grouse
- BLM Alaska Public Rooms: A One-stop shop to your public lands