Iowa Gulch instream flow protection: Colorado Cutthroat Trout reintroduction
The BLM in Colorado worked with the Colorado Water Conservation Board to carry out hydraulic modelling, flow measurements, aquatic macroinvertebrate surveys, and riparian surveys to appropriate an in-stream flow water right. Existing water users who divert water from the creek supported the plan. Colorado Cutthroat Trout which were extirpated by historic mining activities in the watershed, were reintroduced as part of this project.
- All in a day's walk: Sage-grouse in summer
- Public lands for Public Purposes: Community in the Outdoors
- Top 5 things to know about adopting or purchasing a wild horse or burro
- Memorial Day Weekend: Gearing up for Responsible Recreation and Wildfire Prevention
- Holle' Waddell: A woman of action, a woman of thought