The Northern Pacific Railroad Completion Site
The Record of the Week for the first week of September focuses on the completion site of the Northern Pacific Railroad. The completion of the railroad was commemorated by driving a golden spike near Gold Creek in Montana. Read more on ArcGIS Story Maps.
The GLO website provides live access to Federal land conveyance records for the Public Land States, including image access to more than 12 million federal land title records issued between 1788 and the present.
The site also hosts images of survey plats and field notes, land status records, and control document index records, and is one of the most visited websites in the Department of the Interior. Visit glorecords.blm.gov for more information.
Original survey of the region. The red X indicates the completion site.
Most Recent Stories
- Memorial Day Weekend: Gearing up for Responsible Recreation and Wildfire Prevention
- When outdoors, stay alert and ‘Bear Aware’
- Boise District Weed Specialist Lonnie Huter honored by Washington County as a Weed Warrior
- El Malpais National Conservation Area Ranger Station celebrates grand reopening
- Holle' Waddell: A woman of action, a woman of thought