Magnolia Ranch Trailhead
Bureau of Land Management Mother Lode Field Office El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
From the town of Auburn, drive south on Highway 49 for approximately fourteen (14) miles.
Magnolia Ranch Trailhead
Pitch-In! Please do your part to keep our public lands clean and safe. Pack-it-In and Pack-it-Out.
OverviewThe BLM, Magnolia Ranch Trailhead is located approximately five (5) miles north of the town of Coloma along Highway 49 and the South Fork of the American River. It is situated between the Cronan Ranch Regional Trails Park and Greenwood Creek River Access on public lands.
The Magnolia Ranch Trailhead takes you along the 2.5 mile Gerle Loop Trail which is an easy to moderate, mostly flat trail across rolling hills and oak woodlands with scenic views and access to the American River. The Gerle Loop trail ties into a more extensive trail system west of Hastings Creek and leads you into the Cronan Ranch Regional Trails Park.
What you need to know:
- Magnolia Ranch is a Day-Use area only. No overnight camping.
- Only non-motorized recreational activities such as hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding and other similar passive activities are allowed.
- Portions of this trail system border private property. Please respect the rights of private property owners by staying on designated routes at all times.
- Please be aware that there are mountain lions and rattlesnakes in the area.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Fuelwood cutting and collection is prohibited.
- A Special Recreation Use Permit is required for all commercial, organized groups, or competitive activities.
Pack it in - pack it out... and pack a little extra if you can. Help us keep this area clean.
Hunting and Shooting Info - Magnolia Ranch:
NOTE: All California game species are regulated by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW).
Rules, regulations, and seasons are controlled by CDFW, and it is the hunter’s responsibility to verify and comply with proper species, seasons, zones, regulations, and legal location if hunting on public lands.
FGC 3004 – It is unlawful for any person to hunt or discharge while hunting, any firearm or other deadly weapon within 150 yards of any occupied dwelling house, residence, or other building or any barn or other outbuilding used in connection therewith. The 150 yard area is a "Safety Zone."
Also VISIT: South Fork American River webpage
Return To: BLM, Mother Lode Field Office