Deer Creek Campground
Deer Creek Campground is a small, cozy campground nestled in Deer Creek Canyon at 5,800 ft. It contains seven campsites. Potable water is not available. This small campground is located along the scenic Burr Trail Road in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. The campground does not accommodate travel trailers due to limited space for parking and turning around.
Hours & Amenities
- Deer Creek Campground is open year-round.
- Amenities a shared vault toilet, picnic tables and fire rings.
- Due to space limitations, Deer Creek Campground does not accommodate oversized vehicles.
- There is no group campsite.
- Trash collection is not provided.
- Please pack out all trash and garbage.
Active Advisories & Alerts in Effect
Check out the advisories and alerts in effect to help plan and prepare for your next adventure. Help prevent wildfires! Learn more at Utah - Fire Restrictions | Bureau of Land Management (blm.gov).
Fee Info and Rules/Regulations
- The fee is $10 per site per night for individual campsites.
- Only one vehicle per site is allowed.
- You may not park in turnout areas.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m.-7 a.m. You may not use generators during quiet hours.
- Pets are allowed, but they must be leashed and you must dispose of their waste properly.
- Carry out all trash, including pet waste. The nearest public trash dumpsters are in Boulder, about 7 miles away.
- Please practice responsible outdoor ethics, more commonly referred to as 'Leave No Trace Principles.' For more information on outdoor ethics, visit BLM's outdoor ethics webpage.
- Do not dump grey water or black water from RV units.
- Graffiti on any rock surface offends, vandalizes and is illegal.
- Campfires are only allowed inside provided fire rings.
- Wood collection is prohibited in the campground and surrounding National Monument lands.
- No digging holes or pits.
The campground was redesigned in 2016 in accordance with Universal Design principles, providing accessible infrastructure and amenities as well as ample spaces between campsite amenities to facilitate access. As a result, the seven sites in the campground all have accessible features.
Most of the travel surfaces within the campground are flat, and visitors use the main driveway, which has a firm, stable, road-based surface, to travel from individual sites to the shared vault toilet.
Service animals are permitted with no restrictions.
Each site within the campground has the following accessible features and amenities:
- Accessible parking; each site has its own adjacent space.
- ADA-compliant picnic tables with wheelchair access at both ends.
- Grills/fire rings.
From Boulder, travel east on the Burr Trail Rd. for 7 miles, turn left into the Deer Creek Campground.
$10 camping fee