Active Advisories & Alerts In Effect
GSENM/KFO Weather Kiosk
Get current Conditions, 5-Day Forecast, Sunrise and Sunset Information, Moonrise and Moonset Information, Current Radar, Area Watches, Warnings and Advisories for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and the Kanab Field Office. (Courtesy of the National Weather Service Salt Lake City)
As winter weather approaches, it is crucial to Know Before You Go this time of year.
- Carry extra food, water, and warm clothing to provide for longer travel times.
- In addition to paper maps, go digital and download all of your public lands maps on Avenza, and know where you are at all times! Cell service is NOT necessary!
- Know Before You Go: Be aware of predicted weather and road conditions of major highways that provide access to your public lands! Be prepared for sudden changes in weather and road conditions. Know the predicted weather for your route and your destination, and how it can possibly affect your travel plans.
- Always let someone know your expected travel route.
- Be prepared: Bring additional warm clothing, water, and extra food to account for unexpectedly longer travel times. Carry chains, a flashlight, and proper attire to install the chains, should the need arise.
- Additional Resources: Winter Safety from National Weather Service & Cold Weather Safety.
GSENM Road Report
The Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument Road Report is updated weekly, sooner if changing conditions warrant. For the most current road condition report, visit GSENM-Road-Condition-Report | Bureau of Land Management (blm.gov). Several roads are impassable due to winter conditions. When venturing within the Monument, we recommend always being prepared with extra fuel, food, blankets, water, etc. Thank you. We hope you enjoy your visit to GSENM!