What is it?
The S1 Mobile Mapper is a custom mapping and field data collection application built for Android mobile devices by the Service First (S1) Mobile GIS team, sponsored by Bureau of Land Management, Oregon/Washington State Office and US Forest Service, Region 6.
Why would you use it?
The S1 Mobile Mapper provides the public with a simple way to download and view BLM and U.S. Forest Service maps for use offline while enjoying recreational activities on public lands. The public version of the app also has the ability to navigate to user defined locations, collect Tracklogs, Waypoints, and GeoTag photos.
Given that agency field personnel commonly work in remote areas with no network access, this application's emphasis is on the display, collection and update of geospatial data and attributes in an offline environment. Content is downloaded to the mobile device when connected to the internet then offline edits are synced back to servers when network connectivity is available again.
The S1 Mobile Mapper is designed to allow offline mobile field data collection capabilities not available using commercial mapping applications and to meet the specific data collection needs of the federal agencies served by the OR/WA Service First Mobile GIS program. The application leverages web services from ArcGIS Online organizational accounts and internal ArcGIS Server web services to distribute, collect, and update Geographic Information Systems (GIS) information by agency field personnel.
- 03/12/21: S1 Mobile Mapper Hotfix released to Google Play (Build 5.1.086). This build fixed a bug with a BLM specific workflow found in the previous build. See release notes for details.
- 02/26/21: S1 Mobile Mapper Hotfix released to Google Play (Build 5.1.085). This build fixes several small issues found in the previous build. See release notes for details.
- 01/25/21: S1 Mobile Mapper Hotfix released to Google Play (Build 5.1.082). This build fixes several small issues found in the previous build. See release notes for details.
- 01/07/21: Version 5.1 of the S1 Mobile Mapper application goes live to production in the Google Play store on Friday, January 8, 2021. Please sync any services you have on your device and update to the new version when you get a chance. We are excited about this new version of the app and the new functionality it brings to mobile data collection for our users. Please see the What's new in 5.1 doc and the release notes below for more detailed information on some of the new functionality available with this version. Please let us know at our developer email or via the feedback option accessed via the S1 icon button on the app's main toolbar if you have any issues, comments or concerns.
- 11/20/20: The S1 Mobile Mapper now has a Vimeo channel set up for hosting some how to videos created by our App development team. There is now a link in the right side links on this page. We hope you like the channel and feel free to submit any suggestions for future videos to our developer email as well: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 07/17/20: S1 Mobile Mapper hot fix released to Google Play (Build 5.0.152). This build fixes a VMAP related sync issue. See release notes for details.
- 07/10/20: S1 Mobile Mapper hot fix released to Google Play (Build 5.0.151). This build fixes several small issues found in the previous build. See release notes for details.