Las Cruces District staff conduct "Every Kid Outdoors" field trips
Story and photos by William Wight, BLM Las Cruces District Office Public Affairs Specialist.
From May 12-13, BLM Las Cruces District staff and volunteers conducted "Every Kid Outdoors" field trips for 135 third grade students from Las Cruces Sunrise Elementary School at La Cueva picnic shelter. Students participated in activities including a roping cattle experience, rock art identification, and an interpretative hike to the rock cave archeological site. See photos below of the fun-filled activities.
- BLM Arcata Field Office celebrates a ‘Return to Joy’ as Ocean Day returns
- Earth Connections Camp: Connecting cultures and bridging worlds through nature
- El Malpais National Conservation Area Ranger Station celebrates grand reopening
- Roswell Field Office conducts Earth Day sinkhole cleanup project
- BLM staff improve watershed
Most Recent Stories
- BLM’s Assessment, Inventory & Monitoring (AIM) team receives a 2022 Esri Special Achievement in GIS Award
- Whitman Mission National Historic Site
- BLM breaks ground on Grub Dam rehabilitation GAOA project
- BLM Artist in Residence and D’DAT Band Hold Events for Bears Ears National Monument
- Atoka, Oklahoma