You're invited! Learn about wild horse country at the 2021 Wild Horse Walkabout!
The next Wild Horse Walkabout is coming up! Join BLM California for a three-day, hands-on outdoor learning experience in the Twin Peaks Herd Management Area north of Susanville, California. Participants will get to know the high desert habitat and the wild horses that roam there through the full immersion program.
While there is no fee to attend this exciting event, please register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot. Participation is capped at 15 participants this year due to COVID. The registration is first come, first served. If the event fills to capacity, you will be placed on a waitlist in the order in which your registration was received.
When: June 25-27, 2021.
Where: Twin Peaks Herd Management Area, near Susanville, CA. Meet at BLM Eagle Lake Field Office at 2550 Riverside Dr. in Susanville at 9 a.m., June 25
Contact: Amanda Gearhart, Wild Horse and Burro Specialist, BLM Northern California District: firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 250-5921.
Deadline to Register: Friday, June 11, 2021
For more information and instructions, download the 2021 Wild Horse Walkabout information flyer.
- Upper Snake Field Office’s collaborative efforts restore Henrys Lake shoreline
- Keep our 75th celebration going, keep coming to the public lands
- 2021 BLM “Making a Difference” National Volunteer Award winners
- BLM employees journey into the Idaho desert to survey sage-grouse
- Interested in the use of motorized vehicles to manage wild horses and burros? The BLM wants to hear from you!