Reclamation Success Stories: Jonah Field, Wyoming
During the drilling activity in the Jonah Field, Encana tried an innovative process using oak mats in lieu of constructed wells pads.
- Originally developed for use on bog-type lands in Canada
- The use of rugged oak mats reduced the total field disturbance and provided accelerated reclamation success.
Where these mats have been used, full site reclamation success has been gained the very next season due to minimum vegetation and soil disturbance.
- Top 5 things to know about the Wild Horse and Burro Program
- National Seed Strategy Progress Report highlights BLM’s leading role in restoration efforts
- Challenge & Opportunity: 1952 and 2022
- A Milestone for America's Living Legends
- Christmas trees harvested from BLM-managed lands bring holiday cheer