Kanab Visitor Center
Kanab Visitor Center 745 East Highway 89 Kanab, UT 84741
The Kanab Visitor Center is located on Highway 89, 1 mile east of junction with alternate 89.
Kanab Visitor Center
The Kanab Visitor Center is one of four visitor centers in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (GSENM) each with a different theme. This visitor center is located within the Paria River District in Kanab, Utah, and it offers interpretive displays focusing on "traces in time" which includes both geology and archaeology within the Monument. The friendly and knowledgeable staff here can provide weather reports, hiking recommendations and road reports, which is a must-have for visitors exploring the Monument.
The Kanab Visitor Center will provide in-person services from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday. The facility is closed Sunday and Monday, and indoor visitor capacity is limited to 20 or less at all times.
- KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- LEAVE NO TRACE
- ROAD REPORT
- TRAVEL & TRANSPORTATION
- TREAD LIGHTLY
- RECREATION OPPORTUNITIES
- VERMILION CLIFFS NATIONAL MONUMENT: NORTH COYOTE BUTTES (THE WAVE) AND SOUTH COYOTE BUTTES
- VERMILION CLIFFS NATIONAL MONUMENT: PARIA CANYON
- PERMIT SYSTEMS
- SPECIAL RECREATION PERMITS
- INTERACTIVE MAP
- MONUMENT GEOREFERENCED MAP
- BURR TRAIL SCENIC BYWAY
- COTTONWOOD ROAD GEOPDF MAP
- LOWER CALF CREEK FALLS GEOPDF MAP
- HOLE IN THE ROCK SCENIC BACKWAY
- SKUTUMPAH / JOHNSON CANYON ROADS
Active Advisories & Alerts in Effect
Check out the advisories and alerts in effect to help plan and prepare for your next adventure.
Paria Canyon Overnight Permits
Effective immediately, all Paria Canyon Overnight permits previously scheduled for pick up at the Kanab Visitor Center will now only be available for pick up at the Paria Contact Station or at the BLM Arizona Strip Interagency Visitor Center. If you have questions or need to change location, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calling to confirm will speed up your permit pick-up.
- For Paria Contact Station pick-up, call 435-644-1300, 7 days/week from 8:00am - 4:30 pm.
- For BLM Arizona Strip Interagency Visitor Center pick-up, call 435-688-3200, Monday - Friday from 7:45 am to 5:00 pm.
- As a reminder, your trip must begin only on the reserved entry date; overnight trips that begin on a day other than the permit entry date are considered invalid, even if you begin on a day that would have been covered by the permit dates. Permits must be picked up in person.
THE WAVE LOTTERY
Currently the walk-in lottery for permits into Vermilion Cliffs National Monument (VCNM) at North Coyote Buttes (The Wave) and South Coyote Buttes is operating under normal business hours. The lottery takes place daily at 8:30 a.m. at the Kanab Center, which is located at 180 E 100 N, Kanab, Utah (Please note: this is NOT the BLM Kanab Visitor Center).
- North Coyote Buttes applications are accepted at 8:30 a.m. and close at 9:00 a.m. MST.
- South Coyote Buttes applications are accepted at 9:30 a.m. and close at 10:00 a.m. MST.
To ask questions about the lottery, call 435-644-5033 or 435-644-1300.
To ask questions about hiking The Wave, please call 435-688-3200.
Follow this link for information on walk-in and online lottery permits.