Calf Creek Recreation Area Campground
Calf Creek Campground is a desert oasis located within the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. The Recreation Area includes a 13-site campground, a day-use picnic area and a trailhead. The campground provides small sites nestled along Calf Creek on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, visit Calf Creek Recreation Area Campground - Recreation.gov.
Hours & Amenities
- Calf Creek Campground is open year-round.
- Amenities include toilets, picnic tables and fire rings.
- Due to space limitations, Calf Creek Campground does not accommodate over-sized vehicles.
- There is no group campsite.
- Trash collection is not provided.
- Please pack out all trash and garbage.
Active Advisories & Alerts in Effect
Check out the advisories and alerts in effect to help plan and prepare for your next adventure. Help prevent wildfires! Learn more at Utah - Fire Restrictions | Bureau of Land Management (blm.gov).
Fee Info. Rules/Regs
- The fee is $15 per site, per night for individual campsites.
- Pets are allowed, but they must be leashed while in Calf Creek Campground, and their waste must be disposed of properly.
- Please practice responsible outdoor ethics, more commonly referred to as 'Leave No Trace Principles', for more information on outdoor ethics, visit BLM.gov/outdoorethics.
- No dumping of grey water or black water from RV units.
- No fires outside of designated campsite fire grates.
- No digging of holes or pits.
- No gathering firewood or damaging vegetation.
Calf Creek Recreation Area Campground is located 15 Miles east of Escalante UT on Highway 12.
Calf Creek Campground provides 13 campsites. They are first-come first-serve at $15.00 per campsite per night. Interagency Senior and Access Pass Holders receive 50% off camping fees.