BLM E-Mile Recreation Site Public Open House
Roseburg, Ore. - The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is considering options to convert the E-Mile Day Use Site, to an overnight campground with upgraded amenities. The recreation area is outside of Glide, OR. The BLM wants to hear from the public. Robust participation will help develop a strong proposal. The open house will be held at the E-Mile Day Use Site on Thursday, August 4, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
The BLM project team will be available during the open house to discuss the current site, provide an overview of the proposal, and provide the public with an early opportunity to participate in the development of the proposed plan. There will not be a formal presentation and members of the public are invited to attend at any time during the open house to learn more about the project.
Potential actions at the E-Mile Recreation Site include but not limited to:
- Converting the site into an overnight campground.
- Constructing campsites for both RVs and tents.
- Improving vehicle access within the site, including upgrading and expanding the current parking configuration.
- Adding amenities, like picnic tables, fire rings, hardened tent pads, etc.
- Building a pedestrian bridge over the Little River and developing a pedestrian trail network on the opposite bank.
- Providing accessible trails in the day use portion of the recreation site.
- Establishing a fee for overnight camping to provide funding for maintenance of the site.
The BLM will consider the public input provided during the open house to develop a proposed Recreation Area Management Plan and an associated Environmental Assessment under the National Environmental Policy Act, which will provide an additional opportunity for public input before any proposals are approved.
Directions: From Roseburg, travel along Hwy 138 east towards Glide, OR, for 16.8 miles. Turn right onto Little River Rd and travel for 14.2 miles. The E Mile Recreation Area is located on the right with the site designator sign on the left of the roadway.
For more information about the Roseburg BLM visit: https://www.blm.gov/office/roseburg-district-office
The BLM manages more than 245 million acres of public land located primarily in 12 western states, including Alaska, on behalf of the American people. The BLM also administers 700 million acres of sub-surface mineral estate throughout the nation. Our mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of America’s public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.