Riparian Area Management: Greenline Riparian-Wetland Monitoring
The purpose of the greenline monitoring method is to provide riparian vegetation information suitable for use in structuring an Activity Plan as described above. The following sequence can be achieved:
1. The greenline monitoring method generates baseline data that describe existing conditions.
2. From these established existing conditions, measurable riparian vegetation objectives may be formulated.
3. The site-specific objectives provide the means for selecting a management strategy.
4. Greenline studies provide the trend data portion of the monitoring plan.
5. Rereading the data in the timeframe specified in the objectives provides the data necessary for comparative analysis in evaluating the effectiveness of the plan.