CTIC is partnering with Nevada State Parks at South Fork State Recreation Area on Saturday, June 4th for a National Trails Day volunteer event!
BLM Elko District and the California Trail Interpretive Center (CTIC) will be partnering with Nevada State Parks at South Fork State Recreation Area on Saturday, June 4th for a National Trails Day volunteer event! National Trails Day is an annual event hosted by the American Hiking Society that encourages support of our nation’s public trails. Join us from 10 AM to 2 PM to volunteer as we help to improve the existing trails. Volunteers will help to spread gravel which will improve the lifespan and condition of the trails and build culverts to help direct the flow of water.
Those interested can find more information about the event at National Trails Day: Find an Event Near You (americanhiking.org) or can contact BLM Ranger Thomas Valencia at 775-738-6081 for more information. Photos from BLM Ranger Glenn Reynolds.
- Roswell Field Office conducts Earth Day sinkhole cleanup project
- Creating miracles in the Nevada desert: Restoring Dixie Creek
- Wildlife Biologist Nancy Herms receives BLM’s Conservation Project Award
- BLM thins pinyon-juniper to restore eastern Nevada sagebrush communities
- SNPLMA funds Pahrump poolfish habitat improvements
Most Recent Stories
- BLM’s Assessment, Inventory & Monitoring (AIM) team receives a 2022 Esri Special Achievement in GIS Award
- Whitman Mission National Historic Site
- BLM breaks ground on Grub Dam rehabilitation GAOA project
- BLM Artist in Residence and D’DAT Band Hold Events for Bears Ears National Monument
- Atoka, Oklahoma