Adopt a 4-H Trained Wild Horse on September 12, 2020!
The East Idaho 4-H and BLM Wild Horse and Burro Program partnership is excited to present the following 4-H trained wild horses for adoption on Spetember 12, 2020. 4-H members spent the last several months training their wild horses with the intent of finding them forever homes. Get to know the horses and their trainers below!
Prior to the adoption, the 4-H members will showcase the training of their wild horses during an in-hand trail challenge at 10am followed by a "Meet the Mustangs" demonstration at 2pm at the Bonneville County Fairgrounds. The in-person adoption will begin at 4:30pm.
Adoption sheet and FAQs can be found here.
Adoption catalog can be found here.
If you are interested in adopting, please complete an application located here: https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/4710-010.pdf and email it to Boise District Wild Horse Specialist Raul Trevino at email@example.com or Boise District Wrangler Ruby Kyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and adoption qualifications, call the BLM at 1-866-4MUSTANGS (1-866-468-7826) or visit www.blm.gov/whb.
- What to do if you encounter sheep or cattle on Idaho's public lands…
- You're invited! Learn about wild horse country at the 2021 Wild Horse Walkabout!
- BLM archaeologist digs data
- Interested in the use of motorized vehicles to manage wild horses and burros? The BLM wants to hear from you!
- BLM Idaho Horse Whisperer Goes Back to School