Land Ordinance of 1785 and the Homestead Act of 1862 - General Land Office
Today marks the 234th anniversary of the Land Ordinance of 1785 as well as the 157th anniversary of the Homestead Act!
To mark the occasion, the General Land Office team partnered with the Homestead National Monument of America to bring you a special Record of the Week!
The GLO web site provides live access to Federal land conveyance records for the Public Land States, including image access to more than 12 million Federal land title records issued between 1788 and the present. The site also hosts images of survey plats and field notes, land status records, and control document index records, and is the most visited website in the Department of the Interior. Visit glorecords.blm.gov for more information.
Most Recent Stories
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument continues to demonstrate its scientific significance: Research published on tiny dinosaur eggs found in Kaiparowits Formation
- Challenge & Opportunity: 1952 and 2022
- Wildland fire trainee exchange lends hand to global firefighting efforts
- BLM honors Juneteenth holiday with a fee-free day
- Wildland Firefighters Tune Up & Polish Skills in Fire Engine Operator Training Workshop