White House Campground
Kanab Field Office 669 S Highway 89A Kanab, UT 84741
From the Kanab Visitor Center (BLM) in Kanab, UT travel 42.5 miles east on Highway 89 to the White House Road/BLM751. Turn right and drive two miles to the campground.
From Page, AZ, travel roughly 30 miles west on Highway 89. Turn left onto the White House Road/BLM751 and drive two miles to the campground.
White House Road/BLM751 is unpaved.
White House Campground provides 5 walk-in sites. Interagency Senior and Access Pass Holders receive 50% off camping fees.
White House Campground
White House Campground is a small, quiet campground set in a white sandstone cove beside the Paria River. Its location makes it popular with hikers beginning or ending trips into the Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness and with those looking for a base camp while exploring the southern Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.
White House Campground is generally accessible to two-wheel-drive vehicles, but after heavy rain and flooding, the road can become impassable. Exercise caution if considering a stay when heavy rain has been forecast; if the road washes out, it may not be possible to leave for some time. The BLM does not close the campground due to weather concerns. For information on current road conditions and weather, contact the Kanab Visitor Center or visit the Paria Contact Station.
HOURS & AMENITIES
- White House Campground is open year-round.
- All campsites are for individual groups; the campground does not offer group sites.
- Amenities include vault toilets, fire rings picnic tables, tent pads and a sand/gravel access road.
- Drinking water and trash disposal are available at the Paria Contact Station at the northern end of the campground access road.
- KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- LEAVE NO TRACE
- ROAD REPORT
- TRAVEL & TRANSPORTATION
- TREAD LIGHTLY
- RECREATION OPPORTUNITIES
- VERMILION CLIFFS NATIONAL MONUMENT: NORTH COYOTE BUTTES (THE WAVE) AND SOUTH COYOTE BUTTES
- VERMILION CLIFFS NATIONAL MONUMENT: PARIA CANYON
- PERMIT SYSTEMS
- SPECIAL RECREATION PERMITS
- INTERACTIVE MAP
- MONUMENT GEOREFERENCED MAP
- BURR TRAIL SCENIC BYWAY
- COTTONWOOD ROAD GEOPDF MAP
- LOWER CALF CREEK FALLS GEOPDF MAP
- HOLE IN THE ROCK SCENIC BACKWAY
- SKUTUMPAH / JOHNSON CANYON ROADS
Fee Info. Rules/Regs
- Campsites are available on a first-come, first-served basis; they cannot be reserved.
- The fee is $5 per site, per night for individual campsites.
- No dumping of grey water or black water from RV units.
- No fires outside of designated campsite fire grates.
- No digging of holes or pits.
- No gathering firewood or damaging vegetation.
- Fees must be paid in cash or by check at the campground fee station.
- Please practice responsible outdoor ethics, more commonly referred to as 'Leave No Trace Principles', for more information on outdoor ethics, visit BLM.gov/outdoorethics. A trash dumpster is provided for campground visitors.
- The campground is not suited for vehicles or trailers longer than 25 feet.
- Pets are allowed, but they must be leashed, and their waste must be disposed of properly.
- Stock animals (including horses) are not allowed in the campground.