Red Cliffs Recreation Area
St. George Field Office 345 East Riverside Drive St. George, UT 84790
Access note: To enter the Red Cliffs Recreation Area, vehicle and trailer height and width is restricted to 11 feet 9 inches to pass through two narrow underpasses beneath the I-15 freeway. Plan your travel according.
Northbound from Saint George: From I-15 northbound, take exit 22 for UT-228 north toward Leeds, then turn right onto Old Highway 91. Continue for 2 miles, then turn right onto West Red Cliffs Campground Road.
Southbound from Cedar City: From I-15 southbound, take exit 23 toward UT-228/Leeds, then turn left onto Silver Reef Road. Continue for 480 feet, then turn right onto Main Street. After 1.5 miles, continue southbound on Old Highway 91 for 2 miles. Turn right onto West Red Cliffs Campground Road.
Red Cliffs Recreation Area
Nestled beneath the backdrop of the Pine Valley Mountains, riparian environments created by Quail and Leeds Creek wind their way through rounded hills, shaded canyons, and soaring cliffs of Navajo Sandstone.
This welcomed oasis within the Red Cliffs National Conservation Area protects critical habitats for the threatened Mojave Desert tortoise, endangered native fish of the Virgin River system, native and migratory birds, and other desert species.
The Red Cliffs Recreation Area provides a small campground, shaded picnic area, historic and paleontological sites, and miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding.
Red Cliffs Recreation Area Information
Hours of Operation:
- The Red Cliffs Campground and all day-use areas are open year-round.
- Day-use hours of operation are from sunrise to sunset.
Vehicle Access and Parking:
- Vehicle height restricted to 11ft 9in to pass through two narrow tunnels beneath the I-15 freeway.
- Day use parking is extremely limited. Expect parking to be full on weekends, holidays, and most days during the spring and fall.
- Please be respectful of others by not parking in, or walking through, reserved campsites.
- Parking on vegetation or along the road is prohibited. Vehicles impeding traffic are subject to citation and towing.
- Vehicles with trailers must park at the White Reef Trailhead.
As you explore the Red Cliffs National Conservation Area please follow all posted regulations.
- The Red Cliffs Campground includes 11 sites with shade shelters, picnic tables, potable water, and grills.
- Reservations are required for all sites and can be made at recreation.gov, or by calling 1-877-444-6777. Camping fees are $15 per night per site.
- First-come first-serve camping is not allowed. Camping is prohibited at all trailheads and day-use areas.
Ancestral Puebloan History:
- View structures of the Ancestral Puebloans at the Red Cliffs Archaeological Site via the Anasazi Trail.
Mormon Pioneer History:
The Orson B. Adams House was built in the early 1860s, during the settlement of Harrisburg.