Mecca Flat Campground
Know Before You Go:
- All campsites, including the group use area are open year-round on a first-come, first-served basis; no potable water is available.
- The 1.6 mile Mecca Flat Road is narrow with few pullouts; use caution particularly when pulling a trailer.
- Access the nearby non-motorized Trout Creek Trail which fronts the Deschutes Wild and Scenic River for 7 miles where it terminates at Trout Creek Campground.
- Cell phone service is not available in the campground.
- Goathead, also known as puncturevine, is present in the area; protect your pets and bicycle tires
Point of Interest:The Deschutes Railroad ran on portions of the nearby Trout Creek trail and Mecca Flat Road for several decades, competing with the Oregon Trunk Railroad before abandonment in the early 20th century. Look for the historic, now-abandoned tunnel near Highway 26 - but stay clear of this degrading and unstable structure.
Accessibility Description (ABA/ADA)
Camping: $8.00/night fee applies Sunday through Thursday nights, Friday and Saturday night fee is $12.00/night, Group Sites are $25.00/night Sunday through Thursday nights, Friday and Saturday night fee is $35.00/night. May 15th September 15th. There is a $2.00 charge per extra vehicle (tow vehicles excluded).