Goodale Creek


$5.00 per site per night. No reservations. Open all year.

Goodale Creek Campground offers 43 RV/tent sites, with five pull-through trailer spaces, maximum recommended RV length is 30 feet. All sites include a fire pit, picnic table and a lantern holder. No hook-up, potable water or dump station. Closest amenities are 12 miles north in Big Pine.

Goodale campground sign Goodale Campground site

Camping for a period longer than 14 days at any one campground, not to exceed 28 days per calendar year for all Bishop Field Office campgrounds, is prohibited without the written permission from the Field Office Manager.

A California Campfire Permit is not required for fires within established fire rings in developed campgrounds. Seasonal fire restrictions may prohibit campfires during periods of high fire danger. Please check the BLM’s website for information on current fire restrictions or call the Bishop Field Office at (760) 872-5000.


Hunting, Fishing and Target Shooting

Unless specifically prohibited, public lands managed by BLM are open to hunting under California Department of Fish and Wildlife Hunting Regulations. A California hunting license is required to hunt within the State of California. For hunting regulations, visit the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website at

Target shooting is strictly prohibited in developed recreation sites and other areas where posted. Shooting is generally allowed on BLM-administered public lands, as long as it is done in a safe manner, without damaging natural resources or improvements on public lands.

Shooting within 150 yards of a developed site or dwelling, including campgrounds, and shooting across or within 150 feet of any road or trail is strictly prohibited. Safe and prudent actions should be followed at all times. The BLM is a multi-use agency. Other visitors may be using the same areas for recreational uses such as camping, hiking, biking, and rock-hounding. Familiarize yourself with the area, and be sure of your target and background.

You must carry out all litter, including expended cartridges, shot shells and targets.

BLM-managed lands are open for fishing unless there are sight-specific closures for resource protection purposes. All anglers on public lands must have the required state license(s). States are responsible for managing wildlife within their borders for the trust and benefit of their residents, even if the hunting occurs on federal lands. You can find more information about the California fishing license at

Off Highway Vehicle Regulations

Visitors are responsible for knowing area rules and regulations. The regulations are enforceable under U.S. Code of Federal Regulations and violations are punishable with fines up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment for not longer than 12 months.


  • Within the campgrounds, all motor vehicles must adhere to the 10 mph speed limit. No motor vehicle shall exceed 15 mph within 50 feet of any campground, campsite, or concentration of people or animals.
  • Within the Bishop Field Office, Poleta is the only open riding area. The remainder of the Field Office is designated as limited use, where vehicle use is limited to established roads and trails and off-route travel is strictly prohibited.
  • All off road vehicles must have a CA Green Sticker, Red Sticker, have a California nonresident OHV use permit or be legally registered in another state.
  • It is illegal to possess an open container of an alcoholic beverage while riding in or operating an off-highway vehicle.
  • State law requires the use of helmets while riding ATV's and UTV’s. A helmet is not required by law, although is highly recommended for operating a motorcycle off-highway.
  • The operator of an off-highway motor vehicle shall be able to reach and operate all controls necessary to safely operate the vehicle.

Operation and maintenance of the facilities, roads and trails within the Bishop Resource Management Area are funded in part, by the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division.

For more information or to review current and past grants visit: California State Parks.

For information about ATV safety visit: ATV Safety Institute.

For safety information or Recreational Vehicle training visit: Recreational Off-highway Vehicle Association.


Emergency Information:

In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1
Inyo County Sheriff (760) 873-7887
Mono County Sheriff (760) 932-7549

Private Lands

Surrounding the BLM lands throughout the Bishop Field Office Resource Management Area is land owned by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power or private landowners. Please obey signs and stay on trails. Please respect the rights of private landowners and signs posted in these areas.

Adventure is at Your Fingertips

Geographic Coordinates

36.986, -118.278


Ten miles north of Independence on U.S. Highway 395, then 2 miles west on Aberdeen Road, follow signs to campground.


$5 per night