Barr North Staging Area
Load your trailer with the jeep, quad and motorcycle because this trail system has it all!. Practice your skills on some of the easy OHV trails in the valley bottom or head out on the ridges to test your skills on Trail #34, a spectacular rock crawl area featured in Peterson’s Off-road and 4-wheeler 2012 Ultimate Adventure. The trails at North Barr meander through ancient juniper and twisted lava rock with gorgeous views of the Cascade Mountains. Often dusty in the summer months, this trail system offers phenomenal riding options when other areas are rained out or snowed in!
Know Before You Go:
- Open YEAR ROUND, but the best riding is October—May. Stay on designated trails. All OHVs are limited to 96 decibels.
- BE PREPARED for any weather, bring safety gear, and ride within your skill level. Be aware of your surroundings and know how to read a map and use a compass.
- Overnight camping is allowed. No water on site.
- Some trails on the western side of Cline Buttes OHV Trail System are subject to an annual seasonal wildlife closure.
- TAKE CARE to avoid crossing on to private land.
Point of Interest:
Take some time to slow down your ride – enjoy the spectacular old-growth juniper, exposed basalt formations, amazing wildlife like deer and eagles, and the scenery of our sagebrush country.
Cline Buttes OHV Brochure
The North Barr Trailhead is one of two trailheads in the Cline Buttes Central Motorized Trail Use Area. To get there, from Redmond head west about 7 miles on Highway 126 toward Sisters. Turn south on Barr Road and the trailhead will be on your right in about one quarter mile.