The Bureau of Land Management is looking for dynamic new graduates who are excited about making a real difference in supporting our public lands. Here at BLM, Recent Graduates help to infuse our organization with innovative ideas and new perspectives.
BLM Recent Graduates Program: The Recent Graduates Program provides an entry-level developmental work experience opportunity designed to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. The program targets individuals who have recently graduated from a qualifying accredited educational institution. To be eligible, applicants must apply within 2 years of degree or certificate completion; exception applies for some veterans.
Individuals appointed to this program are referred to as Recent Graduates and are placed in a dynamic, 1-year developmental program on an excepted service appointment. Per guidance from the Department of the Interior (DOI), an exception is made for Recent Graduates assigned to the Contracting Series, GS-1102 and Appraising Series, GS-1171 whom will be placed in a dynamic, 2-year developmental program. The features of this program are as follows:
- Enter into a written agreement (i.e., Participant Agreement) that outlines the Recent Graduate and BLM expectations and roles & responsibilities;
- Establishment of an Individual Development Plan that outlines the position-specific training needed to ensure career development and preparation for conversion;
- Assignment of a mentor outside of the Recent Graduate’s chain of command;
- Establishment of a performance plan to clarify expectations and potential for advancement; and
- Complete at least 40 hours of formal interactive training per year of the program.
Upon successful completion of the Recent Graduates Program, a Recent Graduate may be noncompetitively converted to a permanent or term appointment in the competitive service.
Find more information at: https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads.
Apply today via www.USAJOBS.gov!