Phil's World Trail System Expansion
Join the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to celebrate the opening of several miles of non-motorized trails and a new trailhead in the Phil’s World Trail System. Phil’s World Trail System is one of the BLM’s top 20 mountain biking trail systems in the U.S. and is part of the Cortez Special Recreation Management Area.
WHAT: Opening of a new trailhead and trails in the Phil’s World Trail System
WHEN: Saturday, March 18, 2019, 12:00 p.m.
WHERE: Cash Canyon Trailhead
Off U.S. Highway 160, County Road L (see map below)
Following the one-hour ceremony, join the BLM, Southwest Conservation Corps and volunteers with the Southwest Colorado Cycling Association for a ride or hike on the new Highline and Canal trails.
- Volunteer John Howe recognized for BLM Lifetime Achievement Award
- BLM conducts trestle stabilization project on the Transcontinental Railroad Grade
- Keep our 75th celebration going, keep coming to the public lands
- What to do if you encounter sheep or cattle on Idaho's public lands…
- Podcast: Learn to Enjoy Your Public Lands Like a Pro