Know Before You Go:
- Open Season Palmer Mountain Recreation Site is open YEAR ROUND, but the main access road is closed by snow in winter.
- 3 Primitive Campsites with fire rings; first come first serve.
- No Restrooms available.
- No Drinking Water available.
- Pack Out All Trash.
- Please keep pets on a leash and dispose all pet waster in trash receptacles.
- Cell Phone Coverage may be limited.
Point of Interest:Palmer Mountain is alive with color during spring and early summer, when many varieties of wildflowers bloom. At the higher elevations, wildflower season extends well into June and July when highland meadows seem carpeted with colorful blooms.
Palmer Mountain-Split Rock Brochure