Lone Mesa Group Sites
MOAB FIELD OFFICE 82 E. DOGWOOD AVE. MOAB, UT 84532
Group Site A (max 30 people, equestrian corral): $150
Group Site B (max 30 people): $150
Group Site C (max 40 people): $175
Group Site D (max 30 people): $150
Group Site E (max 30 people): $150
Lone Mesa Group Sites
OverviewLone Mesa Group Sites are ideal for large gatherings such as school groups or family reunions. Within close proximity to national parks and open space, outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and four-wheel drive tours in the surrounding area. Lone Mesa is 1,000 feet higher in elevation than Moab, which can mean slightly cooler temperatures. The town of Moab is approximately 30 minutes away and has dining, shopping, sports rentals, tour companies and museums.
RecreationFrom Lone Mesa there are multiple options for mountain biking, hiking, scenic tours, backcountry off-highway vehicle driving and photography. The area has many four-wheel drive roads leading to canyons and vistas. Nearby Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point State Park have many trails for hiking, biking and OHV driving.
FacilitiesThe group areas have fire grates, picnic tables, vault toilets, shade shelters and large parking areas. The group sites do not have water, dump stations or electric hook-ups. Larger vehicles fit well at this site.
The views from Lone Mesa will set you on the path to explore the nearby canyons and mesas. You are close to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Dead Horse Point State Park, Gemini Bridges, the White Rim Trail and the Green River.
Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Dead Horse Point State Park, Gemini Bridges Road and trails, and Mineral Bottom (the Green River boat ramp) are all within close proximity. Groups heading into Canyonlands National Park to ride the White Rim Trail often use this site for camping before and after their trip.
Charges & Cancellations
You may contact the BLM Moab Field Office for assistance with changes and cancellations at 435-259-2100.
You can make changes to a reservation through your online Recreation.gov user account any time prior to the arrival/first date of the reservation.
- There is a $10 change fee If you wish to change to dates entirely outside of the original reservation dates.
- There is no change fee if you wish to extend or shorten the original reservation dates as long as the changes include dates from the original reservation.
- There is no change fee if you wish to change to another site that is the same price, for the same dates, and in the Lone Mesa Area.
- You cannot make changes to your reservation after the arrival/first day through your Recreation.gov account. However, the BLM Moab Field Office may be able to assist you, 435-259-2100.
- For reservations with dates at the end of the available booking window (a.k.a. sliding window), you will not be able to make changes or cancellations until the site has been available to the general public for four days.
Please cancel your reservation if you do not plan to use it. This opens highly sought-after campsites for others to reserve.
You can cancel your reservation online through your Recreation.gov user account or through the call center (call center incurs an additional fee). You may also contact the BLM Moab Field Office for assistance. A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refund for a cancellation.
A late cancellation occurs less the 14 days before the arrival/first date of the reservation (a.k.a. cut-off window).
Late cancellations will incur a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee.
If you spend at least one night and then leave prior to the scheduled departure check-out date, please contact the BLM Moab Field Office (435-259-2100) to open the remaining nights for others to use. You will not be able to cancel these nights through your Recreation.gov account.
You will be eligible for a partial refund of the nights AFTER you depart that you did not use. If you depart after the facility check-out time, you will not be eligible for a refund for that night
A No Show occurs if you do not arrive at your campsite or cancel your reservation by check-out time (Noon) on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Staff will hold a campsite until check-out time (Noon) on the day following the arrival date.
No-shows are assessed a $20.00 Recreation.gov service fee and forfeit the first night’s recreation fee.
You can submit a refund request through your Recreation.gov account within 7 days of the departure/end date of your reservation.
- Applicable fees, such as the Recreation.gov reservation fees, service/cancellation fees, lottery application fees, and change fees, are non-refundable.
- Refunds cannot be issued to any card other than the one used to pay.
- In the event of an emergency closure, all fees will be refunded. Attempts will be made to notify you using the contact information within your Recreation.gov customer profile.
Interagency Pass Discounts
Interagency Pass discounts do not apply to group campsite reservations.