Ken's Lake Group Sites
MOAB FIELD OFFICE 82 E. DOGWOOD AVE Moab, UT 84532
Group Site A (max 40 people): $175
Group Site B (max 25 people): $125
Ken's Lake Group Sites
OverviewThe Ken's Lake Group Sites are ideal for those wishing to be close to Moab, but away from the local highways. The lake offers swimming, paddle-boarding, limited boating and fishing. Hiking and 4WD roads are accessible from the campground. Within close proximity to national parks and open space, outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and four-wheel drive tours in the surrounding area. The town of Moab is approximately 15-20 minutes away and has dining, shopping, sports rentals, tour companies and museums.
RecreationThe town of Moab is a hub for recreation. Tour operators offer guided hikes, rentals and evening entertainment. The area abounds with trails, dirt roads and canyons waiting to be explored.
FacilitiesThe group sites have fire grates, picnic tables, shade shelter and vault toilets. Group Site A has a horse corral. The group sites do not have water, dump stations or electric hook-ups. Site A is on the right as you enter the first loop and Site B is near the end on the left in the second loop.
Natural FeaturesSituated near Ken's Lake, these group sites offer beautiful views of the Moab Valley and access to nearby swimming, boating and hiking opportunities. From the group sites, it is a short hike over to the lake or up to a man-made waterfall. Hiking trails from the campground and nearby four-wheel drive roads allow visitors to explore the beautiful red rock canyons.
Nearby AttractionsArches and Canyonlands National Parks and Hovenweep and Natural Bridges National Monuments are nearby. Also in the area are the Manti-La Sal National Forest and the La Sal Mountain Loop Road, which provide interesting exploration opportunities and cooler temperatures during the summer months.
Charges & Cancellations
You may contact the BLM Moab Field Office for assistance with changes and cancellations at 435-259-2100.
You can make changes to a reservation through your online Recreation.gov user account any time prior to the arrival/first date of the reservation.
- There is a $10 change fee If you wish to change to dates entirely outside of the original reservation dates.
- There is no change fee if you wish to extend or shorten the original reservation dates as long as the changes include dates from the original reservation.
- There is a $10 change fee if you wish to change to another group site within the Ken's Lake area.
- You cannot make changes to your reservation after the arrival/first day through your Recreation.gov account. However, the BLM Moab Field Office may be able to assist you, 435-259-2100.
- For reservations with dates at the end of the available booking window (a.k.a. sliding window), you will not be able to make changes or cancellations until the site has been available to the general public for four days.
Please cancel your reservation if you do not plan to use it. This opens highly sought-after campsites for others to reserve.
You can cancel your reservation online through your Recreation.gov user account or through the call center the (call center incurs an additional fee). You may also contact the BLM Moab Field Office for assistance. A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refund for a cancellation.
A late cancellation occurs less the 14 days before the arrival/first date of the reservation (a.k.a. cut-off window).
Late cancellations will incur a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee.
If you spend at least one night and then leave prior to the scheduled departure check-out date, please contact the BLM Moab Field Office (435-259-2100) to open the remaining nights for others to use. You will not be able to cancel these nights through your Recreation.gov account.
You will be eligible for a partial refund of the nights AFTER you depart that you did not use. If you depart after the facility check-out time, you will not be eligible for a refund for that night
A No Show occurs if you do not arrive at your campsite or cancel your reservation by check-out time (Noon) on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Staff will hold a campsite until check-out time (Noon) on the day following the arrival date.
No-shows are assessed a $20.00 Recreation.gov service fee and forfeit the first night’s recreation fee.
You can submit a refund request through your Recreation.gov account within 7 days of the departure/end date of your reservation.
- Applicable fees, such as the Recreation.gov reservation fees, service/cancellation fees, lottery application fees, and change fees, are non-refundable.
- Refunds cannot be issued to any card other than the one used to pay.
- In the event of an emergency closure, all fees will be refunded. Attempts will be made to notify you using the contact information within your Recreation.gov customer profile.
Interagency Pass Discounts
Interagency Pass discounts do not apply to group campsite reservations.