Lakeview District Office 1301 South G Street Lakeview, OR 97630
From Christmas Valley, Oregon, head east on the Christmas Valley Highway for approximately 1 mile. Turn north (left) onto Crack-in-the-Ground Road and continue for about 7 miles, being sure to turn left onto Lava Craters Road, following signs to Crack in the Ground.
Know Before You Go:
- Open Season Crack-in-the-Ground is open YEAR ROUND.
- Trail Difficulty is moderate, with a 70’ elevation gain and sand and rock surface.
- Universal Access Restroom available.
- No Drinking Water available.
- Trail Open to foot travel only. Motor Vehicles, Mountain Bikes, and Equestrians are PROHIBITED.
- Access is via rugged dirt roads that may be impassable at times. Four-wheel drive vehicles are highly recommended.
- Facilities at the Green Mountain facilities include 6 designated campsites, a vault toilet, picnic tables, and fire grates. This is a primitive campground so please pack out all of your trash.
- The fire lookout atop Green Mountain is manned from June through October.
- The nearest services are in Christmas Valley, Oregon.