BLM to host additional public meeting regarding supplemental analysis for Rio Puerco and Farmington oil & gas lease sales following settlement agreement
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The Bureau of Land Management will host an additional, virtual public meeting to hear comments regarding oil and gas lease sale decisions made by the Rio Puerco and Farmington field offices. These decisions authorized the lease of 42 parcels for oil and gas development, pursuant to the December 2018 Rio Puerco Field Office lease sale, November 2019 Rio Puerco Field Office lease sale, and February 2020 Rio Puerco and Farmington field offices lease sale.
On April 5, 2022, the BLM entered into a settlement agreement in the case of Diné Citizens Against Ruining Our Environment v. BLM, No. CV 20-673 KG/JHR (D.N.M.). As a part of this settlement, the BLM agreed to review the adequacy of the National Environmental Policy Act analyses underlying the leasing decisions challenged in that lawsuit.
The BLM hosted an in-person public meeting on June 28, 2022. The agency invites the public to participate in an additional virtual meeting on July 7, at 10a.m., via the Zoom virtual meeting platform. Attendees may register for the meeting by visiting http://ow.ly/NtRN50JK20E or contacting BLM Natural Resource Specialist Catherine Brewster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The agenda for the public meeting includes an informational presentation followed by a comment period. A Navajo translator will be available to assist, if needed.
In addition to the meetings, the BLM would like to remind the public that comments may be submitted by July 13, 2022, by the following methods:
- Electronically via ePlanning:
- December 2018 Competitive Oil and Gas Lease Sale, Rio Puerco Field Office: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/110287/570
- November 2019 Competitive Oil and Gas Lease Sale, Rio Puerco Field Office: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/122602/570
- February 2020 Competitive Oil and Gas Lease Sale, Rio Puerco Field Office: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/1500871/570
- February 2020 Competitive Oil and Gas Lease Sale, Farmington Field Office: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/1500868/570
- Mail: Bureau of Land Management, Rio Puerco Field Office, Attn: Laura Gray, 100 Sun Avenue, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
For more information, please contact BLM Rio Puerco Field Office Planning and Environmental Coordinator Laura Gray at 505-761-8918 or email@example.com.
The BLM manages more than 245 million acres of public land located primarily in 12 western states, including Alaska, on behalf of the American people. The BLM also administers 700 million acres of sub-surface mineral estate throughout the nation. Our mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of America’s public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.