Peach Valley OHV Staging Area
The Flat Top-Peach Valley OHV Recreation Area (9,700 acres) is managed by the Bureau of Land Management for responsible motorized recreation. The area offers 2,500+ acres of designated open play areas and over 75 miles of multiple use trails.
Open Play Area Regulations
- Off-route travel is allowed ONLY for ATVs and UTVs 50" or less (dirt bikes, mountain bikes, horses and hikers can go off-route as well). No full size vehicles are allowed off a road.
- Know the boundaries of the Open Play Areas by looking at a map at trailhead kiosks.
- Outside of the Open Area, riders must stay on signed, designated trails. Riding off-trail is subject to a citation.
- Camping is allowed at the Peach Valley Staging Area for 7 days/6 nights.
- No open wood fires are allowed. Use gas stoves or the provided grills with charcoal.
- Pack out all trash!
- All OHV users must have a valid Colorado State Parks OHV sticker visibly displayed on their equipment. Registration fees support trail maintenance and funded the construction of the Skills Course at Peach Valley!
COTrex provides up-to-date trails information and georeferenced location as you explore the National Conservation Area. Download it for free at: https://trails.colorado.gov/
Report Illegal Dumping by calling: 970-240-5300.
From Montrose: Head northwest out of town on N Townsend Ave/US-50 W approximately 9.2 miles to Falcon Rd. Turn east at Falcon Rd and follow approximately 3.8 miles where it curves slightly left into Peach Valley Rd. Continue approximately 0.7 miles to trail access.